Summer is FINALLY here ladies! For some reason we suddenly want to improve things: start working out, save up for a trip. You know, new year resolution style. But hey, we ain’t complaining, it’s always a good time to glow up girls. We brought you the simplest way you can approach this whole skincare routine thing.
Establish A Skincare Routine And Actually Stick To It.
Before starting your skincare routine,
Start by removing makeup & cleanse: Not taking that extra minute to remove your makeup will make your skin prone to premature wrinkles and that ain’t no glow up boo.
- Toner: If you don’t know what the heck toner is good for. Well same here… until we looked it up and it’s pretty worth it. Basically, you NEED it to plump your skin and give it that enviable JLo glow. Haha, that rhymed. ₛₒᵣᵣᵧ.
- Serums: These will help your skin retain moisture and keep all that good stuff in.
- Moisturizer: There’s no excuse for skipping this step. Plus it feels nice (But keep in mind your skin type when choosing your new best friend).
- Eye cream: The skin around your eyes is delicate, so please take good care of it. And the eye cream is specifically formulated to suit it, with a slightly thicker consistency.
- Castor Oil: Level up your skincare routine with this step. Your eyelashes, eyebrows and baby hairs will thank you for taking care of them. Zendaya who? Her kneecaps will be shaking.
Before applying your makeup in the morning, apply sunscreen.
Honeybuns, baby loves, I know I’m being bossy but it’s just that the damage is real if the skin is not protected from this assertive summer sun. For a real summer glow up, your morning skincare routine should be lighter than the night one, however, a key element to it is Sunscreen.
Not to be that person but you need to stay hydrated.
Hydration should be an essential part of your skincare routine for the summer glow up. Follow the 8×8 rule: drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water at least. That’s 2 liters or half a gallon a day. If you tend to forget, set reminders or use an app to make sure you have your recommended daily water intake.
Do weekly face masks & face scrubs.
Ladies, remember that the real summer glow up will only happen if you walk the extra mile. But a skincare routine shouldn’t be that complicated. Here’s the simplest way you can do it. For my low maintenance gals.
- Exfoliate: Using a sugar face scrub. It doesn’t have to be a fancy store-bought mask, you can mix 2 spoons of sugar and juice of 4 limes and you’re good to go. Make sure to scrub it on your face using a gentle circular motion.
- Moisturize: Apply moisturizing, soothing masks. An excellent recommendation for this step is to mix aloe gel, cucumber, and honey.
Ladies, you know how they say that inner beauty is what really matters.
To quote the ever beautiful Audrey Hepburn:
“I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.”