It’s not really easy to figure out the order for skincare products. We know that. And that is exactly why we thought you might need this guide on how to layer your products. We’re happy to help you loves.
There are quite a few things that are very commonly known, as they are pretty obvious to anyone. For example, cleansing will come somewhere before moisturizing. However, the order for skincare products is still full of blurry visions.
Skincare Order Of Application:
If it had never occurred to you that there is an order for skincare products application, then we’re even happier to help!
Get ready to kiss that confusion goodbye. Like, for good.
Okay good, let’s go ladies!
- Makeup Remover
- Face Mask
- Spot Treatment
Cleansing Skincare Products:
1. Makeup Remover: Before starting, you need to remove any makeup product you have applied in the morning. You might be more familiar with the Korean 10-step skincare, since it perfectly lays down the order for skincare products. This trendy skincare routine starts with first cleaning-up your residue makeup.
For this step, there are a lot of types of products. You can use micellar water, natural oils, or makeup wipes.
2. Cleanser: While going about your day, your face might collect all sorts of bacteria or even dust. Because of pollution, no one is really safe.
You end up clogging-up on impurities, that will later cause those terrible breakouts!
Your skincare routine is meant to improve your skin, when the order for skincare products is right, it naturally leads to freeing up your pores.
Curious how some celebs like JLo take care of their skin?
Well, of course being rich helps a lot, but a good skincare routine is there for sure.
3. Exfoliation: Exfoliating is a super important step. It’s complementary to the cleansing phase. The cleanser you’ve used cleared the surface of the skin, however, the exfoliator goes a little deeper. It is better at releasing the dirt stuck in the pores.
Once to twice a week is the best frequency for this step. Learn here about the best type of exfoliator for women!
Treatment For Spots, Acne, And More:
4. Face Mask: Face masks come in different forms. You can make your own at home, or you can buy a small container of a cruelty-free purifying mask. And then there are sheet masks, which are the best out of the three because their effect lasts longer. Just remember the order for skincare products when you’re planning for your after-work self-care session. Yes, ladies, you have to take care of yourselves after all that stressing.
This skincare routine step has the role of securing the product for better absorption.
5. Toner: The toner is one of the products that we buy really because everyone on Youtube is doing so. But what most people don’t know is that it actually is crucial to their skincare routine order of application.
It balances out the skin’s pH levels, helping it retain moisture better. When applied in the order of skincare products, it acts as a priming product for the next skincare routine steps.
6. Spot Treatment: Remember how we mentioned that your skincare routine steps are meant to solve your skin problems? Well, this is the part where it does that. This step of the skincare routine, in this order of skincare products, will help you treat those problem areas.
7. Serums: Serums and ampoules are the best for dealing with general skin problems. If you’re looking for ways to reduce your acne, fight those stubborn wrinkles and fine lines, or you are just sick of the unevenness of your skin tone, including serum in this order of skincare products would be a great decision.
Last Step Of The Skincare Routine:
8. Moisturizer: As a final step for your skincare routine order of application, you need to apply moisturizer (Try one that contains Vitamin E). Of course, based on your skin type.
For the best result in a short time, you have to be regular with moisturizer.
Apply a thin layer all over your face and neck. Gently pat the product in until absorbed. You can go a step further and do circular motions near the outer corner of the eyes.
Moisturizers with natural ingredients such as honey are usually better for anti-aging. *wink*
How Do I Start?
Well, when creating a basic skincare routine, identify your needs first. You can then move on to applying them in the correct order for skincare products.
Here’s a cheat sheet to help you do just that! You’re welcome my loves.
After getting to know the right skincare routine steps and skincare order of application, all that is left is to be as consistent as possible.
It can be challenging with our busy daily schedules, but trust me ladies, taking the time is actually really worth it.
Featured image from unsplash-logoRiki. Multimedia from: Unsplash, Pinterest & Giphy