Every woman is scared of Menopause but not all females look it up. That’s why I am here to fill you in on what you may not know about.
Menopause also known as climacteric or middle-age is when a female stops ovulating. It usually occurs around the age of 49\50 years old. But its totally possible for it to come early as in the 30s or late in the 60s. It’s caused when the ovaries start producing less progesterone and Estrogen. These last two are the hormones for periods and pregnancy. Ovaries stop producing eggs after the age of 45. It can happen before and that’s called premature menopause. And it’s usually caused by surgery procedure or a medical condition like Enzyme Deficiencies or Down Syndrome.
What Are The Signs And Symptoms Of Menopause?
- Even though it’s not a disorder it does have symptoms that are pretty clear :
- Irregular periods: in other words some ladies experience period every two to three weeks. Others don’t get it for months.
- Lower fertility: meaning during the 3 to 4 years before the menopause, which is called the Perimenopause. A woman has fewer chances of getting pregnant. As her estrogen levels start reducing till they drop to
- Vaginal dryness: the discomfort of the vagina during the premenopause. Women may endure some pain during sex. It can even cause Vaginal atrophy which is basically just an inflammation of the vagina. And it’s a result of the shrinking and thinning of the tissues.
- Hot flashes: sudden sensations of heat all over the body.
- Night sweats: the hot flashes caused during the hot sensations the body tends to sweat a lot and it gets disturbing during the night.
- Disturbed sleep: as a result of the night sweats or even insomnia or just anxiety.
- Urinary problem: they tend to visit the toilet more.
- Emotional changes: also known as mood changes
- Also depression
- Problems focusing and learning: menopause causes a lack of concentration. Also, some difficulty remembering ( short- term memory )
- And other effects such as abdomen fat, hair loss, and breast shrinkage
Menopause can make ladies totally crazy
From the mood swings to the lack of sleep or the hot flashes. It tends to get difficult dealing with all these women.
But there are some ways for us to get passed that without any drama.
What To Do Once You Hit Menopause?
Menopause is an inevitable thing. But that doesn’t mean we can’t do anything about it. so here are some ways to deal with it:
- Walking helps too
- You have to make sure to be on a well-balanced diet that contains fruits and vegetables and a lot of protein.
- If things get really hard be sure to go visit your gynecologist.
- Avoid tight items of clothing
- Limit the consumption of alcohol, spicy food, drugs, cigarettes and caffeine.
- Stay sexually active to avoid \ reduce vaginal dryness.
- Don’t stress.
- Regular your sleep schedule.
- Start a journal about it!!
- Maintain a cool temperature in the bedroom.
I hope my article filled you in on what you didn’t know about Menopause. Stay tuned for more of our educational content.
*All the gifs are courtesy of Giphy.*